Thursday, April 15, 2010

An attitude like Christ. WHAT!?

I feel like sharing my devotions on Philippians 2, only because I've encountered this scripture three different times now in the same week. Also, it's just a really good piece of scripture that I thought would come in handy in our walk with God :)

Scripture: Phil 2:5-8
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross!

Observation:
Jesus is someone that we should strive to be in our daily lives. You know, Christ like? Although it doesn't mean we'll be considered equal to God (we just can't), it doesn't mean that we can't live our lives like Jesus did, which is what God is calling us to do. He wants us to live just like Jesus did.

Christ was able to put himself before others, which to me is something hard to do, but he managed to do it anyways.

Application:
I live a Christ like life by doing as Jesus would. How much simpler could that be, right?

Surprisingly though, it isn't that simple. A lot of us say we live Christ like lives, but that's about it, we just say. Saying and doing are drastically different.

In the case of this scripture, God is calling us to put others before ourselves and humble ourselves before him.

It's hard. I don't want to put others before me. I sometimes want the easy way out in a life that seems to be so difficult at times. The funny thing is, God wants us to do the exact opposite of that.
--------------------------------
I love you guys. It's only a matter of days before I'm home!! Even though me being home will only be for a matter of days before I come back down here to Portland for classes.

Nonetheless, I can't wait to see you guys :)

Rick Baleros

No comments:

Post a Comment