Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Calling all Boys - I mean Men.

So, a few weeks ago, almost a month actually, I had finished reading Wild at Heart

It was such a good book, but I'm not here to tell you about it and that you should read it [If you are a guy READ IT. Heck if you are a girl read it too! I want to read Captivating].

What I do want to say is that someone today at school was talking about how men of God act too much like little boys. I was slightly offended by that because all though I fail so many times at this life I'm trying to live, I try nothing more than to be a man of God. It really got me thinking about what I had just finished and how John Eldredge is pretty much talking about how we [men of God] have to act like the men we have been called to be.

I've never challenged anybody before, but after that little cynical comment someone made I'm challenging all my guy friends to be the men we are called to be.

Let's take down the nice guy facade and replace it with a warrior ready to fight.
Let's stop being bored with this life we are called to live and start finding the adventures that God has put forth in our lives. Trust me there are many, and he's wanting us to find them.

Rick Baleros

Passage from Wild at Heart
"In the heart of every man is a desperate desire for a battle to fight, an adventure to live, and a beauty to rescue."

4 comments:

  1. Rick, lets do this! Hopefully your beauty to rescue isn't the same beauty to rescue that I want to rescue, then we would have a battle to fight! ;) Jk.

    Eph. 5:1 Be followers of God, as dear children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would hope our beauty's we're rescuing aren't the same.

    If she is the same person then we have 1 of 2 problems:

    1) She's cheating on one of us

    2) We have the same taste in women, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Captivating was amazing. And I did read Wild at Heart too. They're both awesome books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read Captivating SO bad, ha.

    I know someone on campus though who has it and is willing to let me borrow it :)

    ReplyDelete