Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thanks ResLife.

[this is just a rant, a rant that is probably not necessary, but yeah ...]

Today, I was checking my University of Portland email and I see that I have one from ResLife (for you non-UP students, people in charge of housing on this campus). Anyways, the email was horribly worded and actually freaked me out a tad bit. I'll let you read the email and let you be the judge of how horribly written it was.
Dear Rick Andrew,

Due to an unusually large number of students returning to campus housing as well as a larger than expected number of first time freshman students, some consolidation reassignments have been made to accommodate as many students as possible.

Please find your advanced housing/roommate assignment attached to this message. The regular assignment mailing will also be sent July 15. If further reassignments are made, additional notifications will be sent July 25, August 5 & 15. If you receive multiple assignment e-mails, the latest dated notification will be your official assignment.

For those of you who received a reassignment, we thank you for your flexibility and help in providing housing to others. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
To make matters worse, there was an attachment that would ultimately let me know if 1) Kyle Hamm was still my roommate and 2) whether or not I was still in Villa.

Luckily, I am still in Villa next year and my roommate is still Kyle Hamm. Why I wrote this blog? It's going to be hyperlinked somewhere else and because it seriously was almost the worst feeling that I've had all day. I mean I'm not usually too worried about my history exams, but those give me some uneasy feelings just because history isn't my thing.

That's it for the rant, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment